After many years of hard work and fund raising, our historic tower restoration is finally under way.
As is usually the case, the project starts with scaffolding to give access, and that is now in place.
PLEASE NOTE: OUR FRONT DOOR IS STILL OPEN - BUSINESS AS USUAL!
Building work is scheduled to commence by the end of September, and will include removal and restoration of the clock and it's bell, together with extensive re-modelling of the main entrance.
None of this would have been possible without the generous support of:
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Historic Churches Trust
- Francis Coales Charitable Foundation
- Gale Family Charity Trust
- The Steel Charitable Trust
- And, of course, the residents and businesses of Shefford
A BIG "thank you" is also due to everyone who has been involved in planning, applying for grants and simply daring to dream that such an ambitious project could be achieved.
Date: Monday 3rd September 2018